Heya, its been quite some time, since I wrote anything. I hope and wish all of you are well and safe in this pandemic times. So, today the GNOME team released the version 3.38 of our beloved desktop environment and sine the times permit we have now a direct upgrade of the testing version of dropline GNOME 3.36.6 , while it is still in development the
instructions to install and test are the following:
1. Install slackware64-current full install.
2. Download the packages for dropline GNOME 3.36 from here including the unsuported directory in the repo.
3. Install all those packages you downloaded.
4. Download the packages for dropline GNOME 3.38 from here.
5. Upgradepkg the 3.36 packages you installed and pay special attention to the libhandy0 package as it was renamed from libhandy to libhandy0 since it is installable in parallel.
It should mostly be it, but in case you miss anything you can get in touch with me on LQ thread or in #dropline on irc.freenode.net .
Some packages are still on the works and some we wait that Slackware team will update them.
Many thanks to the Slackware Team as we have a really up to date current tree.